Donjoy Respiform Wrist + Thumb braceRegular price $30.00 Save $-30.00
One of the not-so-great side effects of pregnancy is carpal tunnel syndrome or De Quervain's tenosynovitis. They can lead to numbness, tingling, stiffness or pain in the hand and wrist. It causes a constant ache in your wrists and is often more painful at night when you're trying to sleep.
During pregnancy, increased fluid and relaxation of the ligaments in the hand and wrist can cause pressure and compress the nerves and blood vessels. This can cause pregnancy carpal tunnel or De Quervain's tenosynovitis.
This brace from Donjoy is designed to provide the wrist immobilisation and mild compression that may provide the relief you are looking for. Is it high fashion? No. We can't find a brace that is. But it does the job and is perfect to wear at home. If you're looking for something more discrete we also have the X that provides light compression on the wrist for relief.
DJO is an innovative global company that supplies high quality orthopedic devices to physios and other therapists.
This brace is:
- Dedicated for either right or left hand use
- Ergonomic, flexible, lightweight design
- Anatomically designed, provides tailored fit
- Easy and simple application via adjustable straps
- Incorporates two semi-rigid dorsal stays and an aluminium palmar stay for overall wrist immobilisation
- Advanced Ozone material, promotes air flow
- Breathable in general use, providing good skin care and around-the-clock comfort in different heat and humidity conditions
- Modular designed malleable thumb stay for optimum positioning
- Hook and loop system for easy and secure distal thumb fitting
Please measure wrist circumference on the hand you need the brace for:
|Size XS - 11-14cm|
Size S - 14-16cm
Size M - 16-19cm
As always, because we are all about safety, please read ingredients, instructions, our safety disclaimer and any special disclaimers before purchasing.
Stage of pregnancy: Second Trimester, Third Trimester, Postpartum
Symptoms/Tags: carpal tunnel, wrists, de quervains, tendonitis, tenosynovitis
Special disclaimer: Always discuss your symptoms with your healthcare provider before you purchase this item.